About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Friday, April 08, 2005

There's one intriguing bit about Anna and Mister God that took me a while to understand. Not only that, I had to read many pages down before I finally got the idea. It is the part on the coloured glasses, whereby Anna said that things are yellow because they absorb all the colours except yellow. Thus they reflect yellow, and we see them as such. Then following not long after that part is when Anna told Fynn that she does not have any of the coloured glass in her. Finally I understood what she meant. Or at least, I think I do.

When Anna said that people have 'bitsa coloured glass' in them, she is trying to say how people try to reflect what others want to see in them. But when you have no coloured glass, you are showing who you are - being vulnerable. So when Anna said she has got rid of them, she has learnt to trust. Though I am unsure whether she has learnt to trust Mister God or people to accept her as she is, perhaps the former more than the latter.

This is a really good read, and I highly recommend to all. Do read it! And I have yet to finish reading it. :)


posted by lil piggie at 1:14 AM

~~~*~~~