About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm terribly excited. Resting on the table next to this comp are Solitaire Mystery, the Curious Incident of the dog in the night time, Tuesdays with Morrie and short stories by Roald Dahl! *clap* This is too wonderful. Praise God for the library in NTU, that's where I'm now. I'm so happy to get to read all these books. :D

Oh, I've finished reading Sophie's World though I don't quite like the ending. I thought it could have been better, something more of a twist, just something better. That part about Hilde being a part of a story too was a good twist in the middle, and something much of a Matrix for us to ponder about. I wonder if I too am part of a book, what role does the Author have in mind for me? Can I break away from this role when the Author is distracted, or sleeping? Does He sleep? *smile..

Then before that I read A.W.Tozer's The Pursuit of God. It is a very mind perspective changing book. I like that chapter on Meekness and Rest a lot. I think it speaks to me about the constant tension that I feel within myself to perform, to excel above others. God says there is no need to. He said "Take my yoke, which is light and easy". I don't really know how to put this down in words, but it is very applicable to my life. It's not that I don't strive to excel anymore, but I learn how not to tire myself. Praise the Lord for this wonderful book. I have in mind to go through it again as I realise I have not got the full grasp of most of it. A really splendid book for the soul. :)


posted by lil piggie at 10:45 AM

~~~*~~~