About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Sunday, December 26, 2004

Finished Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time within a week! *clap clap clap* And now I am reading Tuesdays with Morrie, a seemingly easy book to read too. And I had a sharp taste of Roald Dahl's adult short stories with the one entitled "The Landlady". It just stops short of a complete explanation, and keeps your mind wondering what it could be. But I guess this is what makes his short stories good, and this is the essence of any good short stories - to keep the readers on their toes.

Now, about the Dog book, it was way past my expectation of what it was. My friend FongKuan told me that it is like a children's book, only that I had no idea it was a book that was meant to be written by a child, a child with some sort of problem. I don't know precisely what is the term used for them - is autism the right word? That is what Matt Haddon was quoted as being having a lot of experience with these special group of children. I am simply amazed at how the mind of such a child functions. Many a times, I dare say we misunderstood them. They were just being very much themselves, as they have every right to, and it is just us who were not very helpful in accepting them as they are in our society. There is a lack of understanding in us, and this book has helped me bridge up the gap though not completely, but better than just seeing them from afar anyway.

I am also quite touched by this book. It speaks of such reality in life. Such family drama. And it is not of those fairy tales, made-believe, that usually has a happy ending or a wedding. This book does have a happy ending, in a more realistic happy way. I guess this is life, and that is what I like about this book. It paints a very accurate picture of life.


posted by lil piggie at 3:21 PM

~~~*~~~