About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Friday, August 27, 2004

Finished reading Alchemist. It proves to be a good book to read. The teasure is where your heart is, Maktub Paulo Coelho used some verses and stories from the Bible, so it was a thrill to the Christian heart to read and recognise them. I wonder if he's a Christian. Can I ever achieve what he has done? His words.. even a simple sentence holds so much meaning and impact. Amazing!

And before that, I read Wuthering Heights. It was a good read, but an anti-climax at the end, or so I feel. Things were already so dramatic that I would not mind finding a dramatic ending, which people can choose either to hate or to ponder through. But the ending there left one with no room for further imagination, so conclusive. Isn't that what ending should be like? Well, yes perhaps, but not to my liking then. And a lot of things could have been in the story, but was never. Aih, that was the sad part.

Now I'm reading A Brief History of Time. Something more philosophical and nonfictional for a change. And Stephan Hawking is someone to gawk at. His mind is indeed wonderful and out of this world.


posted by lil piggie at 12:19 PM

~~~*~~~