About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Saturday, April 17, 2004

Again, another of my qstn today is answered, or rather re-affirmed as i read this:

ZJAM Bible Study
April 16, 2004

I John 3:22-23

"Whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His son Jesus Christ, and love one another as He gave us commandment."

If you want to get your prayers answered you need to live a life that is pleasing to Him by keeping His commandments. Remember it's not how long we pray, it's believing on and praying in the Name of Jesus. Praying in the Name of Jesus is basing your prayers on what He has done not what you have done. And remember if you have not been keeping His
commandments or living a life that is pleasing to Him - don't run from Him; or pretend it didn't happen just confess your sins and receive His forgiveness. Don't allow sin and condemnation keep God from moving in your life. He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. He wants to answer your prayers!

---

i was just wondering about my life conducts n how much it really reflect upon myself as a Christian. I realise some time ago that my actions don't really tally with what I say or what I learn in church. I feel that I'm far worse than those people who deny Jesus' existence. Because I believe and yet in my action, I deny the very truth of His existence to the core. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating back there, but you roughly get the idea of how bad I feel about it. And yet I still do it. One day, O God, that you will zap me back to what you want me to be.

There was once my friend was ill. She asked me to pray for her. I remember then that I was so weak in my faith, and I knew I was not righteous before God and I believe in the verse in James saying that the prayer of the righteous man is effective. So I ended up calling another sister-in-christ to pray for her instead. I felt so sad and lowly then. God, I guess that is how I feel right now. So powerless.


posted by lil piggie at 12:12 AM

~~~*~~~