About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Sunday, March 14, 2004

ZJAM Bible Study
March 13, 2004

"Let words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14 (NKJV)

Adrienne seemed to know everyone. She was what they called a "social butterfly." Everyone loved her and knew her, but did anyone REALLY know her? Did anyone know the thoughts that constantly plagued her mind? She'd always grown up in church and had been known as the "good girl." She never said a "bad" word or purposely hurt someone else. Yet, her mind was a wreck. She hated herself and her life. Every compliment, though received with a thank you was really rejected in her mind. In her mind, she was never good enough and never would be. Many of us, just like Adrienne, refuse to see ourselves as God sees us. We know what He and others think, but we just can't see ourselves as that. It's "too good" for us. Do you think God is pleased by our so-called humility? Do you think putting down what He created is going to impress Him? This verse isn't just talking about what we speak, but it talks about even our inner thoughts, the ones that we think no one knows about. As you go throughout your day, ask yourself if your words and thoughts are pleasing to God.

---

Hm, once someone called me a 'social butterfly' then as I jus read this bible study email, I came across the same term. Well, my fren may not be refering to me as what was described above, but to a certain extent, I feel that I can identify myself with the girl, esp what I put in bold. Hmm...


posted by lil piggie at 1:11 AM

~~~*~~~