About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Sunday, February 29, 2004

Missed out Friday's entry on what I learnt about worship from the PDL book. I found out that I had a misunderstanding about what worship really is because the other day, my friend Alex just asked me about worship. And the way I explained it to him was that worship is slow and easy songs, while praise refers to the fast songs. Worship is never about the style of song! Worship is about the Person in the song - God.

As for today, which is also yesterday's reading (Hee, I missed another day for PDL, plus one more day to the 40++ days..), it's about how Noah made God smile. If you all have heard the story of Noah before, you all might wonder what's so interesting about this man's life. But come think of it, there are certain things that we can learn from this man. He was really a fool for God, the fool of the century if I may add. Imagine building a big boat when all around you is dry land. People must think he's mad, crazy, out of his mind. But because Noah did what God told him and became the fool for God, this made God smile; it pleased God.

Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. This is basically what Noah did. He trusted God. I wish I can be somewhat nearer towards this end, and not try to run life my own way.


posted by lil piggie at 4:54 PM

~~~*~~~