About
This blog is meant to record my readings and reflections from books. It is amazing how much books can teach or speak into your life!

Currently reading...
my own writings.. ;)

Reading list
Mister God, this is Anna
A Little Princess (thx FK!)
more Coelho's books
Tony Parson's books

Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
October 2008
July 2011

Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Saturday, February 14, 2004

Just got this book entitled The Purpose Driven Life from sister Irene (She's the best!) last Thursday. I'm very eager to get started, and since it's a daily basis, I thought that I might as well blog down my reflections here (a new blog, yeah!). Though there is a 40-day covenant at the beginning of the book (signed by sister Steffy!), I think I will finish it only in 40 plus plus days. *Grin*

What I generally like about this book is the non-Christiany quotes. I know that Bible verses are powerful, but sometimes the jargons are just now well understood by other people. Let me type out an excerpt from the book:

The search for the purpose of life has puzzled people for many thousands of years. That's because we typically begin at the wrong starting point - ourselves. We ask self-centered questions like What do I want to be? What should I do with my life? What are my goals, my ambitions, my dreams for my future?

Yea, so true. How many times have I asked myself those type of questions? Truth is, I'll never know what I'm made to be, for I'm not the creator of myself. Rather, God is my Creator, and He knows best what I'm built for. There's a bible verse that speaks of losing your life in order to find life, but I like Jim Elliot's quote more: He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.

So, onto this journey of discovering my life purpose. Hopefully I will not stumble on it, but I shall be able to see it coming, embrace it and be lost in it.

~~~*~~~


I want to add this special sms that I receive on 13 Feb (yea, one day before V's day, but I still want to put it down in this entry). Just in case I cleared my handphone message box by mistake:

Love is an emotion that is dear to the heart. Love is what makes all pain and sorrow worth its while. Love is at its glory when souls meet. Thanks for sharing your soul with me. Thanks for the love that had brightened many dark nights. Let love warm your heart and soul. Happy Valentine dear. Love u..,

And I love you, too. :)


posted by lil piggie at 11:23 PM

~~~*~~~